Removing the complexity and barriers to financial understanding
The need for financial proficiency extends to every area of decision-making within an organisation, which makes its understanding and implementation critical to success in today’s increasingly competitive business world.
Finance departments are realising that in order to be successful, staff at all levels in an organisation must have a good understanding of finance and some of the key techniques and practical tools used by accountants.
At Sareos we deliver financial training courses to office juniors, trainees, managers, senior managers, directors and even the Chief Executive – the level depends on your organisational needs.
Our courses dispel the myths of finance and are a great insight into the world of finance.
As an example, your course content could include:
- Financial terminology and principles
- The key financial statements
- Accounting and financial fundamentals
- Financial planning and budgeting
- The core drivers of profit
- Cash management – Ways to improve a company’s cash position
- The key facets of financial strength
- Financial controls
- The financial considerations and consequences of running a business
- Financial decision making
- How to evaluate opportunities financially
- How to measure the performance of a team, department and business
- How to discuss and present financial results
What will the result be?
The learning outcomes from our courses are highly flexible and will depend specifically on what you want to achieve for your business.
Whatever your needs, we can help you achieve your desired results. Here are some proven benefits of putting our financial awareness training at the heart of your organisation:
- The ability to read and understand the important information in a set of financial statements
- Converse in plain English financial information with any audience
- Analyse and interpret the financial performance and results of competitors and customers
- Determine the core drivers of any business
- Understand the differences between cash and profit
- Assess the nature and financial impact of risk in a business
- Measure the financial impact of short and long term decision making
- Discuss ways to improve cash flow management and improve a company’s cash position
- Consider ‘financial strategy’, as well as just the numbers
- Appraise and monitor business performance using key ratios
- Appraise a proposed course of action to aid decision making, and assess the projected return
- Set measureable financial objectives through KPI’s
- Calculate and understand the net present value of large scale decisions
- Measure the risk and cost of capital of investment decisions
- Measure the financial impact of short and long term decisions
The Sareos Difference
The subject of finance can appear complex and intimidating, therefore our aim is to remove any and all barriers to financial understanding, in a fun and enjoyable way.
We always use business simulations, interesting exercises, case studies and real life examples to bring the concepts to life and to make sure your teams learning is relevant to your business. There is nothing worse that death by PowerPoint and the feeling of “this is not relevant to my role”.
Business professionals who have expertise in finance deliver all of our financial awareness training. This is to ensure your training will improve skills, capability and delivers an immediate impact back at work.
Our purpose is to make finance interesting and enjoyable for all.
If you are seeking a financial awareness training programme that offers flexibility, expertise, and created to meet your specific needs – please contact Sareos.
We look forward to working with you and helping your organisation make even better commercial decisions, drive revenue and strategic growth.